Telecom Software Development Product USSD Gateway
Unstructured Supplementary Services Data (USSD) Gateway used to send text between a mobile phone and an application program in the network.It transmit USSD messages from over GSM signaling channels to a service application and vice versa.It is a Real-time and instant messaging service capability that allows operators to provide easy to use, responsive and fast menu-driven content provision services like balance inquiry,voting,short quiz applications,
interactive chat and subscribers also can make payments and purchases via their phones menu driven USSD interface. Unlike SMS, USSD is not a store and forward service.
It is a session based protocol enables you to send out instant, secure messaging and menus to mobile phones across the world. The sessions are maintain and destroy by Mobile Application Part (MAP) that is an SS7 protocol. The Mobile Application Part (MAP) receives and sends out session IDs from the session ID pool. USSD uses the Home Location Register (HLR) of the subscriber.
- USSD messages pops up directly and are displayed on your screen or other applications with single button “OK”.
For example any special offer, game, quiz etc.
- Sometimes you use USSD code like *123# for balance enquiry, or to know your special offers etc.
- After dialing USSD code they send you a menu with in seconds in which many options are given.
- You will choose an option as per you requirement and send its index number(1,2,3,4..) as reply.
- They will give you reply according to your selection.
Working of USSD Gateway:
These are one time messages to the handset with no interactivity.
- Flexible real-time charging and billing options
- Used in the network to check in real-time subscriber has enough credit for call
- Allows interaction with customers via quizzes, polls and other competitions
- 5 times faster than SMS that enables the operator to provide fast and responsive services
- Works in roaming.
- Supports all type of mobile network(2G/3G/4G-LTE and IP based core networks) and enable interworking between them.